What is Men of Courage International, Inc. ?
A 501 (c)(3) nonprofit Annapolis-based organization dedicated to helping men fulfill their duties as fathers, husbands, community members and leaders. It provides a safe place for men to talk about how to reach their goal of achieving authentic manhood; servant leadership. It also provides mental health and educational support for family members through our partnership with other nonprofit and for profit organizations. MOCI motto is "Better Together”.
Ben Satia (Board Director), Darin Ford (Executive Director), Katie Blyth (Rotary President), Tim Benningfield (Board Director), Scott Mennealy (Website and Tech support) and At Ford (Supporter)
“Strong Dads” is a program that allows us to partner with local schools to educate and support fathers (grandfathers, uncles, male guardians) in the role they play at schools, in their homes, and in the community at larger. Men of Courage International provides a couple of hours of inspiration and motivation for the fathers by providing an inspirational speaker, Q&A, live entertainment, and activities that give them the tools they need to continue to grow in their roles as men.
- "It was encouraging to see all the parents and grandparents here as one of the fellow fathers said, 'we need to help each other'"
- "This event helped me as a dad to see the need and appreciate the importance of being there for my kids and other kids in our community."
- "Tonight’s event made me aware of some things that I will change in the way I do things with my kids (structure)."
“Community and Family Enrichment Corp. of Maryland (CFEM)” is a program that works with local businesses (non-profit and profit) and organizations to educate and strengthen community members by providing and supporting events that foster strong relationships in the community through a poignant focus on families.
- The day was very well planned and the event organizers put much time and thought into creating an environment open and friendly to our families. This allowed us to interact in positive ways with our families and share important information. While it was relaxing, we felt that parents walked away with information to help their children be successful students.”-Principal
- “The reunion held at Annapolis Middle School was an opportunity to share in each other’s successes and to observe the best in our amazing cluster! The performances, food and GREAT conversation was uplifting!”-Principal
- “The Family Reunion event highlighted what is great about the Annapolis Cluster. The community really supports our students, families and schools. This was an awesome way to showcase our community!” –Teacher